Thursday, June 6, 2013

Best of...Drugstore Foundations

So my favorite makeup product, well besides blush, lipstick and eye shadow is foundation. ;)  Now I will say that probably my favorite high end foundation of all time is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.  It is amazing!  I've had 3 or 4 samples that I've picked up and it really is the best foundation I've ever tried.  It's not a heavy coverage and it's water based so the way it glides on and just kind of melts in is so pretty!  BUT at $45 a bottle, I just can't justify buying it.  I've got diapers to buy and little mouths to feed! And since I cannot continue to get free samples every other week, lets look at my favorite drugstore foundations!
 

Out of all my drugstore foundations...

...these made the cut!

 

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation
I bought this foundation right when it was released, last winter, and when I tried it, I was not impressed.  Because it was winter, I was dealing with dryer skin than usual and this foundation seemed to accentuate it.  I started using this again a few months ago since it's warmed up and it looks great! I love using a damp beauty blender or Sigma's Angled Top Kabuki.   This is great for normal/combo/oily but not so much for dry skin.
 
Loreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup
This is a little more sheer than the Covergirl foundation.  It does give a pretty glow to the skin without there being any sparkle or glitter in the foundation itself.  I do have to set my t-zone with a powder during the summer when I wear this foundation.  My favorite way to apply this is with my angled kabuki. Great for all skin tones but if you are oily, you might want to set with a powder.

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
This IS the foundation that I use when I know I'm going to be out all day or when I really want my makeup to last.  It claims to last for 24 hours but who really needs 24 hours of foundation wear?? I can say that it does last me all day.  I was a little scared of this when I bought it because it's a cream and has a consistency reminding me of pudding.  But it is a great foundation and doesn't wear as heavy as it looks.  I like to apply this with my hands.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup
I like this foundation for days when I want a little coverage but don't have big plans to go anywhere special.  It does not wear as long as the Covergirl or Revlon but it leaves a very pretty and natural finish to the skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment