Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Drugstore steals for under $5!

There are some good things at the drugstore for less than $5!
 
Here are some of my favorites:
 
Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush
$2.99 at CVS or Walgreens
Wet n Wild's Pearlescent Pink is said to be a dupe for Nar's oh so famous blush.  I love the color of this, it's a peachy pink with a hint of shimmer.  I love my peachy pink blushes!  Wet n Wild also has a matte blush that's great too.  Beware these are very pigmented so use a light hand!  I have an upcoming blog post about my whole Wet n Wild collection so I will go into more detail about these blushes then.
 
 
ELF Studio Blush in Mellow Mauve
$3 at Target
ELF blushes are some of my favorite and they have some really gorgeous colors available!  The pigmentation is great and I feel as though they last as long as my MAC blushes.  A few of my favorites are Mellow Mauve, Pink Passion and Tickled Pink.
 
 
 
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny
$2.99 at Target or Walmart
If you follow any beauty blogs or ever watch YouTube beauty vlogs, you've probably heard all about NYC's Sunny bronzer!  But if you haven't, Sunny is a MATTE medium tone bronzer which is great because it won't make you look like a big disco ball!  It is really hard to find a matte bronzer at the drugstore and so far NYC seem to have beat any competition on this one, especially for the price!  Sunny is a little more sheer than some bronzers but you can slowly build up the color to get the perfect amount.  I will say that too much of this bronzer can start to look a little orangey especially on lighter skin tones so build slowly.
 
 
Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve your Cabana
$3.99 at CVS or Walgreen's
I have no idea why Wet n Wild call this a bronzer.  It's not!  The fairest of fair skin tones could not use this as a bronzer.  Even the picture above is showing up much darker than it is.  So why is this a steal at the drugstore?  Because it is the most beautiful highlight powder!  This "bronzer" is said to be a dupe for Lorac's Spotlight Luminizing Powder but I can't say for sure because I don't have Lorac's to compare.
 
 
e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush
$3 at Target
Elf calls this a blush brush but I find that this is the perfect brush for applying powder bronzer.  It has a slight point at the end for a more precise, contoured look but it works great for sheering out and blending too.  I use this brush everyday!
 
 
 
 Wet N Wild Color Icon Palettes
Trio $2.99, 8-pan $4.99 at CVS or Walgreens
 
Wet n Wild makes great eyeshadows for the price and there are so many of these that are dupes to higher end shadows.  Just google Wet n Wild dupes and you will find great blog posts!  Wait for CVS or Walgreens to do BOGO 1/2 off and you can get an even better deal!  You can see my Comfort Zone palette review and dupes post HERE.
 
 
Jordana Incolor FabuLiner in Black
$2.99 at Walgreen's
This eyeliner is a stiffer felt tip and very pigmented.  Because it's a stiffer brush, it's great for beginners or people that are not very comfortable with liquid liners.  I've never had any problems with this smudging or transferring.  I think it looks great all day.


Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara, Black
$2.99 at Walgreen's
I am so surprised by how much I like this mascara!  When I first opened it, I was very unimpressed by the brush.  It just seemed like your average old school mascara brush, not capable of doing anything exciting or fancy to your lashes but I was completely wrong!  The brush combined with it's formula is awesomeness in a tube!  I actually think that I prefer this over my CoverGirl Lash Blast and Physician's Formula mascara (gasp)!  I have not had any smudging or transfer issues which is impressive since it is summer in Arizona.  The greatest part....it's only $2.99!  Seriously, get in the car and go pick this bad boy up!
 
 
e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set
$3 at Target
I use this everyday.  I do think it helps my makeup last longer but what I really love it for is that it eliminates any powdery look that makeup can cause.  This spray just helps everything blend together and look more natural.  One thing I will say is the spray nozzle is not my favorite.  It's not bad but not great.  It definitely does not mist like Urban Decay's setting spray or MAC's Fix +.  I actually have a travel size bottle of UD's setting spray that ran out so now I just continue to pour the elf version into it's bottle for the better spray nozzle.


So there you have it, all my tried and true drugstore steals!  I hope you enjoyed it.  Stay tuned for my Wet and Wild post coming up!


No comments:

Post a Comment