Friday, June 7, 2013

Milani Color Statement Lipsticks and a MAC dupe!

I LOVE lipsticks.  Sometimes a bright lipstick gives me as much of a pick-me-up as coffee! I love to stalk my local CVS for good Milani sales because I think their makeup is awesome quality.  A few months ago they were having a sale on the new Milani Color Statement Lipsticks.  They were only $3 and I had some extrabucks AND a coupon for $3 off so naturally, I bought 3 of them!  These regularly retail for about $5.
Red Label, Plumrose, Flirty Fuchsia

 
I am so impressed with these!  The picture above is just one swipe and as you can see they are completely opaque!  I also love the smell of them.  They remind me of watermelon and fruit punch.
 
A few weeks ago I went to MAC to back 2 mac some products so I was able to get Girl About Town for free.  I've had that lipstick on my want list for a while.  After wearing it for the day, I realized it looked a lot like Milani's Flirty Fuchsia.  I swatched it and sure enough, it is a total dupe!
Girl About Town (left), Flirty Fuchsia (right)
 
Both of the above swatches are just after one swipe.  I think they are pretty dang similar!  If you are going to get critical I'd say Girl About Town is the slightest bit brighter. But on the lips, seriously, they are identical.
 
Point is, the new Milani lippies are awesome!  The two on my want list for the next CVS sale are Naturally Chic and Nude Cream.
 
Do you have any Milani must haves?


No comments:

Post a Comment