Friday, June 14, 2013

My Beauty Wish List...

There are certain days that my wonderful husband can sense that I need to get out of the house.  On those nights, he kindly suggests I go out for a late night shopping adventure and usually I end up at Target or Ulta.  While I'm browsing the beauty section, I can never seem to remember what it was that I wanted to get!  Does that ever happen to you?  You go to the store without much money to spend and you see EVERYTHING you want but then when you have some money or a gift card nothing appears interesting anymore?  Happens to me EVERY time!  Well, I've started keeping a beauty wish list on my phone to avoid these shopping brain blackouts and I'd thought I'd share some of it with you!
 
The first thing is a splurge which is exactly why I have not bought it yet.  It's a beautiful matte eye shadow palette:
Stila In the Know Eyeshadow Palette
$39 at Sephora
 SO. PRETTY.  I am a sucker for matte eyeshadow.  To me, nothing looks better than a well done matte eye with black winged liner.  LOVE!
 
 
A more wallet friendly option I've been wanting to try for a while:
Sonia Kashuk Eye Coutour Palette
$19.99 at Target
Once again, this is an all matte palette that I've heard great things about!  I've been holding off buying it because I'm waiting for Target to give out another $3 off Sonia Kashuk coupon but I'm getting a little anxious!
 
 
Moving on from eye products:
Maybelline Vivids in Hot Plum
$5.54 at Target
I finally was able to find a $2 off Maybelline coupon and I will be using it for this gorgeous lipstick.  Have you tried any of the Maybelline Vivids line?  They are amazing, so bright and opaque! 
 
 
I'm always looking for good dupes and I'm wanting to put this next product to the test!
NYX Pore Filler
$12.99 at Ulta
I'm always on the search for a good primer, especially something geared towards minimizing pores.  I've read that this is a good dupe for Benefit's Porefessional.  While the price of this product is still less than half the cost of the Benefit primer, I'm patiently waiting for Ulta to do their 40% NYX sale, that is when I'll do my happy dance, oh and buy this primer.
 
 
I love me some skin care products.  Sometimes I have more fun buying and using skin care than makeup.  Because you know what they say, "If you got good skin, you don't need much makeup!"  Actually no one says exactly that, I just made that up but I'm sure people make this point all the time. ;)
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair eye cream
$19.99 at Target
Lately I've noticed fine lines around my eyes and in between my brows.  Not loving it.  I've done some research and it seems like this eye cream is a front runner for a drugstore pick.  It's still pretty pricey for a drugstore product which is why I haven't bought it yet but I'm on the search for a coupon.  I know it's out there!
 
 
And last, for my poor ol' heat damaged, color treated hair:
Neutrogena Shampoo anti-residue formula
I've been wanting to buy a clarifying shampoo for a while now but it's just not a fun product to spend your money on which is why I forget to look for it.  I've heard this is a really good clarifying shampoo that gets rid of all the gunk left behind from hair products.  I always worry about these types of shampoos being really stripping and drying so I'd probably only use this once every two to three weeks.  The claim at the top of the box says, "use once a week to make your favorite shampoo work better".  Sounds good to me!
 
Have you tried any of these products? What is on your wish list?

2 comments:

  1. Do you know of a dupe for NARS blush...you know...the really popular color....starts with an "O"...? Love that blush, but unfortunately, I get to the drug stores lots more often that the department stores...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill! Yes I have some dupes for you to try! I agree I love the Nars blush too but it is expensive! I went and bought the ELF blush and bronzer duo after I saw a video comapring the Nars blush and bronzer. I like it! I think the Elf blush is close but not exact. It's a little more peachy swatched but on the face I don't think you would be able to tell a difference. You have to build up the color a little more than Nars. It's only $3 at Target. The other blush that I think is even a closer dupe is Wet n Wild's Pearlesant Pink. It's super pigmented and blends out really good too! I think it's only $3.99 or $4.99 at CVS. Oh and one more, Milani's Luminoso is good! Not an exact dupe but you get the same peachy-pink color on the cheeks. Luminoso is one of my all time favorite blushes! Milani is at CVS too. Hope that helps!

      Delete